Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's time


It's time, I think.....to start a new blog. So grab yourself a cup of coffee and sit down and stay awhile.

I am not the most up-to-date person. Many have blogged long before I even thought of doing it. It was just a passing fad, I said to myself. Who would want to do that? Then as we got ready to travel to China for the adoption of our third child, the beauty of blogging hit me. How cool is that? I can tell about our travels while we are thousands of miles away and those who are following back home (all five of you), can see how we're doing. Then after we got back, life got in the way and I blogged less and less. Lately, I've been wanting to return to it because I miss blogging as an outlet, a way of expressing myself. No, I NEED blogging as an outlet. But I didn't want to use The Littlest Miss' blog for my drivel. So I've been thinking of starting my own. I don't know that anything I'll have to say will be of interest to anyone but myself, but then again, I'm used to talking to myself, so what's the big deal.

Ok, a little about myself....I am a 41 year old stay-at-home mom. Yes, I just told my age on the internets because I think it's an honor to grow older, but don't even think about asking how much I weigh. There's only so much a girl is willing to share, ok? Ok. I would describe myself as a (mostly) sweet girl-next-door who was raised to not talk back to my elders, to not say anything if you can't say anything nice and to treat others as you want to be treated. I have lately come to realize that I am no longer in Kansas, Toto. It just seems like no one knows how to maintain a friendship anymore. People are too busy to stay in contact, to busy to be polite. Because I try to do the aforementioned niceties, they seem to think it's ok to not do them because of course, I would never tell them that they are rude and offensive. They are very glad to take what I offer, but forget about doing anything in return, not that that is my motivation for doing things, but still, how hard can it be. In today's day and age, with the beauty of the internets?....even just an e-mail is better than nothin', people. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'....Maybe I've just hit a middle age crisis.... maybe I just have too much stress in my life..... maybe I expect too much from people.... but I find myself not only wanting to tell the world off but also have mucho mucho cussing going on that I struggle to just keep in my head and not let out of my mouth. Gaaaaahhhh!!! How's that for going off on a tangent......

Ok, back to telling you about me. I have three children. Thing 1 and Thing 2 are teenage boys who are just so cool to me. Yes, they can be a pain in the ass but they are getting to the age where I am getting to see the wonderful people that they are going to be (Yes, there is such a thing as great teenage boys-I've got them :) )And then there is the Littlest Miss. She was born in China and joined our family just 3 1/2 short years ago, but it seems like she's been here forever. Sometimes I forget that I didn't give birth to her. I am married to a wonderful hardworking man who, at times, rilly rilly drives me crazy but I love him anyway. He works away from home during the week and is only home on weekends. My friends think its really weird, but hey, we have to have a job and at least he's not sitting on his butt watching tv all the time. Sometimes I just get so tired of hearing "I just don't know how you do it" from my friends. That is how I chose my name for this blog. I'm just Little Miss "I just don't know how you do it". I find myself thinking "well, what else am I going to do?"

2 1/2 years ago, my dad moved in with us. He has a life-threatening lung disease and is on oxygen 100% of the time. After getting divorced from my mother when I was a young adult, he was out of our lives for 16 years. Having him back in our lives is wonderful but also stressful on some levels, as is caring for a dying parent. But I am glad that my children have had a chance to get to know him and am thankful for a second chance to know him. He is what keeps me sane on those days when my kids are pulling me in all different directions and my hubby is driving me crazy.

I guess I should also mention that we have a foreign exchange student from China living with us until June. It has been a very enlightening year so far and for the most part enjoyable, but I think next year I will take a break from the exchange program and take a little bit more time for myself.

Well, that's it. That's my life in a nutshell. We live in the country outside of an eastern WA town with two border collies and two cats. No sheep. No cows. No Goats. I have as much on my plate as I can handle, thank-you-veddy-much.

No comments:

Post a Comment